I’m an accident victim… How do I use FindMyAccident?
- Read our version of your accident/incident.
- Tell us if certain facts are innacurate, add your thoughts, post a message.
- Read messages left by others, including friends and witnesses, learn about updates.
- Upload a picture at the bottom of your story.
- Email or call the attorney advertiser in your state.
- Contact one of our support groups.
- Send us your personal story via so that we can upload it to your accident page.
Can I really get a free police report from FindMyAccident?
- Yes. In most instances, there are three types of visitors that may receive a free copy of the police/incident report:
- A victim that doesn’t believe they are at fault for the accident/incident.
- The victim’s family member.
- A qualified witness.
I’m a family member of the victim… How do I use FindMyAccident?
- You can request a free copy of the accident/incident report.
- You can upload photos of your loved one.
- Leave comments and well-wishes, or messages.
- Contact the attorney advertiser that appears in your state.
- Speak to our support groups, learn how to start your own advocacy group.
- If someone in your family was harmed in an accident/incident, and you don’t see their story on FindMyAccident, submit your accident.
I’m a witness to an incident… How do I use FindMyAccident?
- Leave an eye-witness account in ‘Messages’ beneath the accident/incident story.
- Upload helpful photos of an accident/incident.
What if I use the Search button and don’t find the accident/incident I’m looking for?
- A screen will appear that asks you to tell us more.
- This feature allows you to submit your accident story to FindMyAccident so that we can officially map the accident story on the site, allowing you to take advantage of our resources.
Why would I want to submit my accident story?
- You may want other people to come forward and provide information about your accident—it’s possible you are looking for additional information that a witness may have. (FindMyAccident receives hundreds of thousands of visitors and it’s likely someone has additional information about your accident/incident.)
- You may want to upload pictures of your accident and simply share your accident/incident with others who have undergone a similar experience or loss.
- You help others by increasing accident/incident awareness.
- Once your story is verified, you will have access to the benefits provided by the attorney advertiser in your state as well as the support network.
Is FindMyAccident a lawyer referral service?
- FindMyAccident.com is not a lawyer referral service and does not recommend the services of any particular lawyer, including the lawyer(s) who agree to provide accident reports to users of this website. There are other qualified lawyers who also handle traffic accident claims. Before hiring a lawyer, a consumer should investigate the lawyer’s qualifications.
What types of organizations are included in the FindMyAccident support group?
- Our support groups offer services such as grief counseling, education, phone apps designed to prevent texting and driving, etc.
- Our support groups strongly encourage you to reach out to them and inquire as to how you can start your own organization and bring awareness to the accident/incident type in which you or your family member was involved.
- The people in these organizations have first-hand experience with what you are going through. In many instances they themselves and/or members of their organization have lost a child, husband, wife, father, mother or friend. The support groups know people whose lives have been changed forever by a tragic accident/incident, and they are serious about their passion to help you.
Does FindMyAccident encourage or discourage lawsuits?
- We don’t encourage or discourage lawsuits, but we know that if your story appears on FindMyAccident, it’s because the incident you were involved in resulted in serious consequences. It’s the reason we work with an attorney advertiser in your state: these issues are complicated and legal counsel is always an option someone should have available to them at no cost.
What if I had a negative experience with a person or group associated with FindMyAccident?
- We want to know about it.
We’re confident in our opinion that FindMyAccident offers users an elite network of help; however, if your experience leaves you feeling less than satisfied, let us know, and we will immediately investigate your concerns.